cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client cant connect

mx
Level 1
Level 1

Im trying to connect to a 3000 concentrator at work from home through a pix 506e. When I try to connect, I get the authentication prompt OK, I enter my credentials, then it says "securing the communications channel" and a couple seconds later it just says "not connected". Im using client version 4.7.00. It also happened with earlier versions so I thought I would try an upgrade. As a side note, the concentrator and pix is configured ok, several other PC's with the cisco vpn client work just fine, its just this particular PC, so its definitely something on the PC. Ill attach the connection log:

1 Reply 1

b.hsu
Level 5
Level 5

When IP connectivity is present from the remote VPN Client to internal network devices, the issues discussed here need to be resolved by Microsoft. Browsing the Network Neighborhood is a function of Microsoft's browsing service, not the Cisco VPN Client. Network Neighborhood is not supported officially. However, it works if it is configured correctly. Problems occur if the PC or master browsers do not function properly.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/vpn-net-hood.html