cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN client crashes Windows XP

rmprosser
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility VPN client to connect to my office computer from home, and after the latest software update (to Version 3.0.10055) it has been crashing my system. I don't even see a blue screen, it just shuts off and reboots (although I think I caught a glimpse of  a blue screen one time just before it rebooted).  It happens when I instantiate the secure connection, usually shortly after making the connection, or when trying to connect via remote desktop after having established a connection.  I tried reinstalling SP3 for XP, and disabling firewall & antivirus, but it didn't help. 

Any ideas?  

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

olpeleri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

U should open a  TAC case and provide the memorydump from the crash.

Procedure can be found here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316450

The AC developpers can decode it [ assuming it crashes in the AC code].

Cheers,

Thanks for the reply. After posting I tried forcing the antivirus software to close altogether (rather than just disabling it) and that seems to have resolved the issue. Not ideal since I'd like to be protected, but at least I can work now.  I was running Symantec Endpoint Protection.

Hello,

I had a look in our case DB, on each case I've seen the crash was caused by Symantec.

Cheers,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: