Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client Restart Windows XP

guijarrelson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to all people,

I have installed the last Cisco VPN Client, for this OS., v5.0.07.0290 for 32 bits. When I trying to establish a connection to a Cisco VPN Server, the client connect correctly, but then, Windows XP restart without any info or error message. I looked the Event Viewer and there isn't any error log or crash.

Do you have any idea of what's happening? Any software in conflict?

I have a Comodo Personal Firewall and Avast Personal installed and running.

If you need some additional info, request it to me

Greets!

23 Replies 23

Ok, I'll test it this evening.

Thanks!

Do you need any extra information?

Disabling the Stateful Firewall option, I have the same result. Windows restarting.

Any idea?

did you try a clean uninstall and install as suggested previously

Yeah, I try a clean install. VPN has any extra path different as C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\, to perform the most clean install than I can?

No error log in the Event Viewer.

Hi ,

Do you the installation file with you ? Can you paste the name of the file , is it vpnclient-win-msi-5.0.07.0290-k9.exe ? Just want to confirm that we are not installing the 64 bit version of this client which has the installation file vpnclient-winx64-msi-5.0.07.0290-k9.exe.

Thanks,

Namit

I confirm that the software is the 32-bits version. I can't tell you if that was the name, because the name was changed. Could you provide me an alternative download for the client? I requested to my sysadmin, but I don't have the file yet, to reinstall it.

Greets!

Hi,

You can download the VPN Client image from the CISCO Website. Follow the path

Support > Download Software > Security > VPN > Cisco VPN Clients > Cisco VPN Client > Cisco VPN Client v5.x >

You can download the version 5.0.07.0290 using the image file vpnclient-win-msi-5.0.07.0290-k9.exe

Also if this does not work try the latest release 5.0.07.0410 and download the image vpnclient-win-msi-5.0.07.0410-k9.exe

Thanks,

Namit

I can't download the VPN client from your website, because I don't have the permissions:

To download this software you must have a valid Technical Support Services Agreement associated to your Cisco.com user ID.                          

• If you do not have a Technical Support Services Agreement you can get one through:                                
    • Your Cisco Account Team if you have a direct purchase agreement with Cisco                                    
    • Your Cisco Partner or Reseller                                

• Once you have the Technical Support Services Agreement you must associate your Technical Support Services Agreement to your Cisco.com user ID with  Profile Manager

Can I download the client in other way?

Greets