cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN client version 5.x for MAC

rotran
Level 1
Level 1

Need confirmation from anyone out there... I was trying to search for cisco vpn client version 5.x for MAC OS but only saw the latest version at 4.9.  Does anyone know if version 5 is out for MAC?

Also, does anyone know what the latest possible version of the vpn client is for MAC that is compatible with both the vpn 3080 concentrator and asa5580?

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

For mac 10.4 and 10.5 use vpn client version 4.9.01.0180 which is available on the Cisco download site. For mac 10.6 use the built-in client that comes with mac.

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

What version of Mac are you running? If you are using the latest version of Mac, then you have to use the inbuilt vpn client.

John

primarily concerned with 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6, need to know what are the latest cisco vpn clients available for each.

Hi,

For mac 10.4 and 10.5 use vpn client version 4.9.01.0180 which is available on the Cisco download site. For mac 10.6 use the built-in client that comes with mac.

Thanks

John

Thanks John !

Im guessing all three of these versions should be compatible with both the concentrators and asa, right?

I've got two different VPN's I use Cisco client for, one of them I can connect to using the built in VPN setting in Lion but the other I cannot.  Any ideas?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: