cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vpn concentrator passing normal internet trafic.

pkburman
Level 1
Level 1

hi ,

i have a client requirement where we are attempting to connect vpn concentrator 3005 ver 3.5.2 in between the internet router and the firewall.it is attempted to pass normal internet traffic as well, creating lan to lan vpn setup.

we are not able to pass normal internet traffic which is unencrypted.

the static and default routes are added.infact we are not able to ping even the ip address of internet router from private.

query is whether can we pass normal traffic through vpn concentrator.i also removed the filter also from private interface.

regards,

pkb

3 Replies 3

steven.wilson
Level 1
Level 1

If you are creating a L2L tunnel and still wish to access the internet outside the tunnel, you will need to enable split tunneling on the group parameters associated with the L2L tunnel. In configuration/policy management/traffic management, you create the network list for each end of the tunnel. The Group parameters are set up in configuration/usermanagement/groups/ modify.

Hopefully this will assist you.

Cheers,

Steve

hi ,

thnx for the reply ,this is a new installation and the L2L is yet to be configured in some days.right now we would like just the traffic to pass as it is.so shld i just create a dummy L2L and make configure split tunneling.

regards,

pkb

There is another easy way to pass unencrypted traffic, just remove the filters on the public interface and private interface. This will make your Concentrator functions as a router.