Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Connected but cannot access LAN

nprdomingo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I can connect to the VPN via Cisco VPN Client but I cannot ping any ip from the LAN. I already tried the crypto isakmp nat-traversal 20 but still no luck. I am attaching my config. Hope you can help. Thanks

3 Replies 3

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you have just tested ping through the vpn client connection, then you need to allow icmp inspection as follows:

policy-map global_policy
class inspection_default
  inspect icmp

With the current configuration, you should be able to access the inside LAN: 10.238.10.0/24

If you also need access to DMZ subnet, then you would need the following:

access-list dmz-nonat permit ip 192.168.238.0 255.255.255.0 10.88.0.0 255.255.255.0

nat (dmz) 0 access-list dmz-nonat

I also notice that you didn't configure split tunnelling, hence you won't be able to browse the internet once connected via vpn. You can either configure split tunnel, or send all traffic (including internet traffic) towards the ASA via the vpn tunnel.

g.premoli
Level 1
Level 1

Possibly you have a similar issue like this:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2002837?tstart=0

Please, try to manually add a route (you must do using the administrative command prompt) and ping again.

If you can do, you have exctly my same problem; if so, please, let me know.

Ciao

nprdomingo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We got it working now by enabling NAT traversal. Thanks for the help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: