Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN connection from Meraki MX to ASA5510

Michaelnyman1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

We are using ASA5510 as our core firewall. We have a lot of ASA5505 there use Easy VPN to connect our ASA5510.

Can I replace one of our ASA5505 with an Meraki MX65W?

Some people says its possible if I create a Site-to-Site VPN with a public ip, but on our ASA5505 we use DHCP on the outside.

Can someone help me?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You could make it work, but it would be a painful configuration.  On your 5510 you would probably have to configure a dynamic wildcard VPN for the MX to connect to it.

I would avoid this configuration.  At a minimum get a static IP address for your 5510 so you can do a normal site to site VPN.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You could make it work, but it would be a painful configuration.  On your 5510 you would probably have to configure a dynamic wildcard VPN for the MX to connect to it.

I would avoid this configuration.  At a minimum get a static IP address for your 5510 so you can do a normal site to site VPN.

I have tried to make a site-to-site connection, but without success. It seems like that Meraki MX can only connect to other Meraki devices via VPN, there is placed on my Meraki account...

You can definately build a VPN between the two - but don't bother trying unless you get a static IP address for your ASA.

I have a static ip on the ASA5510, but no staic ip on the Meraki MX. We only use dhcp from all our ASA5510 on the outside. We will not buy a static ip to all our ASA5505.

So is it possible to create a VPN tunnle to ASA5510(Static ip-outside) from a Meraki MX65W(dhcp-outside) ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: