cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Connection through Phone without anyconnect client.

Hello,

I have configured anyconnect for phone at ASA 5510. Phone can connect to Corporate network through VPN from outside without any problem.

If I connect laptop to PC port at phone, I can run anyconnect client at pc and get vpn connection through phone. Can I get VPN connection for laptop through phone without running anyconnect client at the laptop i.e. can phone share VPN connection for laptop at PC port?

3 Replies 3

I got reply from the TAC. They said that this functionality has been developed and implemented, but then has been disabled by security reason.

Is this really the case? 

If so, I don't understand Cisco's thinking on this.  CUCM has enough "security policys" in place for this feature to easily be secured and properly managed.  I don't see how having the pc port on the VPN is any less secure than having an IOS router with a VPN configured.

It's unfortunate that they don't allow this function.  I'm sure there could have been some security precautions added to the phone functionality that could verify connected devices.

Thanks for the info!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: