Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN connectivity problem with ADSL router

gbharadwaj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

Users in our remote office have a problem connecting to our VPN .

The remote office has a ADSL router to connect to the internet.

when they connect to the VPN and give in the user name password, they

get the message " Securing the Communication Channel" and the VPN

client hangs after that..

They all are able to connect to the VPN if they use a dial-up line.

Are there any issues with a ADSL router .. ?

We use a cisco 3000 Concentrator and Cisco VPN client.

Please help ..

Thanks and regards,

Goutham

5 Replies 5

fmadar
Level 1
Level 1

I think you have a problem with your NAT or PAT in the ADSL router. try using Ipsec over UDP. Regards

We are running into this exact problem for a customer. I am able to connect just fine from anywhere except DSL lines(Which is of course where we need it to connect from.) I am not very familar with DSL, but is there a device that we could use besides the one they gave us? Any that are known to work with Cisco VPN Client solutions?

Is your router using NAT? Try opening up UDP port 10000, or whatever port your network guys have the VPN client using.

b.espedal
Level 1
Level 1

If you find your answer let me know. I am having similar problems. email bespedal@aritapoulson.com

umadsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

ADSL routers often use udp 500 only for vpn sessions. The second session will steal the vpn session from the first. This is the case with the danish ADSL routers. More advanced routers could give the second session udp 501.

I think that Ciscos solution to this problem is IPSec over TCP, which is available with newer releases of Concentrator and Client code.

I have not tried this, but if you have any success please mail to

umadsen@sca.csc.com

Cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: