cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

%VPN_HW-4-PACKET_ERROR

cisco24x7
Level 6
Level 6

I have a L2L vpn between a Cisco VXR7206 and a Checkpoint firewall. Everything has been running great for almost three years without any issues. Nothing has been changed by either sides for the past three years.

For the past three days, i have been getting a lot messages like this below:

vpnIOS 270430: 136228: Apr 23 22:01:06.717: %VPN_HW-4-PACKET_ERROR: slot: 2 Packet Encryption/Decryption error, Output Authentication error

Anyone know what this message mean and how to go about fixing this? Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

A router displays the following error message:

%VPN_HW-1-PACKET_ERROR:slot:1 Packet Encryption/Decryption error, Output Authentication error(0x20000000)

There is insufficient information in this message to properly troubleshoot the situation. The error message should state the source and destination IP addresses and possibly a packet dump. This symptom is observed on a router that functions in an VPN environment, with hardware crypto accelerator.

Not sure if you read my post carefully but the question I posted has to do with "%VPN_HW-4-PACKET" error message, NOT "%VPN_HW-1-PACKET". I am very aware of the error message you posted.

How can I fix this issue? Thanks.