cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN on new Windows 8 PC w/ Anyconnect

Justin Bray
Level 1
Level 1

At our company we just recieved our first two windows 8.1 devices (Surface Pros). We have our ASA 5505 that we use for our remote access VPN for our sales team running version 8.2. We installed Cisco Anyconnect 3.1(which looks completely different from our other version of 2.5) to the two devices and tried to connect. When we start the connection it gets to the posture assessment and fails. Is there something new we have to configure on the ASA. I am fairly new to the security side of cisco and don't have a great amount of experience with the ASA. One thing I did notice is that there are no syslog messages in the ASDM for the ASA that show my new Surface devices trying to connect at all. Not sure either if I have the wrong versions of the anyconnect installed. I appriciate any help in advance.   

1 Reply 1

Justin Bray
Level 1
Level 1

I found out that the ASA had to be upgraded to a newer version and a newer version of the ASDM to work with this version of anyconnect. So I upgraded to 9.1.4 and ASDM 7.1.5. After that I ensured all of the correct anyconnect images where installed and then it work without an issue.