Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN reconnection due to no response to DPD

PeterLin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi~

Sometimes my VPN AnyConnect session disconnects and reconnects. I checked the DART log and found there was an error message:

"TUNNELPROTOCOLDPDMGR_ERROR_NO_DPD_RESPONSE:The secure gateway failed to respond to Dead Peer Detection packets."

Does some someone know what's the reason of this error? 

Thank you in advance!

2 Replies 2

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @PeterLin 

The error message "TUNNELPROTOCOLDPDMGR_ERROR_NO_DPD_RESPONSE" indicates that the VPN client did not receive a response to its Dead Peer Detection (DPD) packets from the VPN gateway. Dead Peer Detection is a protocol used by VPN clients and gateways to monitor each other's presence and to detect if the connection has been lost.

When the VPN client does not receive a response to its DPD packets, it assumes that the connection to the VPN gateway has been lost and initiates a reconnection attempt. This may result in the VPN session being disconnected and reconnected.

There can be various reasons for the gateway to not respond to DPD packets:

- network congestion,

- firewall or security policy configurations, (not in your case I think)

- issues with the VPN gateway itself.

Check the VPN gateway logs to identify any issues that may be causing the failure to respond to DPD packets. 

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

can I see show vpn-sessiondb anyconnect 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: