Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN site-to-site IPSEC - RV340

brunocostaOMB
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an RV340 with Ipsec site-to-site VPN configured and connected normally, but I can't ping the networks. Although the vpn tunnel is up, the networks do not communicate.
Has anyone been through this and could I help, please? What additional configuration is needed?
VPN on the RV340 has been a traumatic process, much more costly compared to other existing solutions.

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the Tunnel up what kind of traffic allowed, is the Ping allowed ? make sure you can only ping from intresting traffic that mean, what ever allowed in the VPN - both the side need to allowed.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb5513-configure-a-site-to-site-virtual-private-network-vpn-connect.html

please check the both the side allowed list. what you see in the logs, what is other side device ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

brunocostaOMB
Level 1
Level 1

The VPN is between the RV340 and a router from another manufacturer (mikrotik).
The VPN is UP.
I ping the RV340 network and the other end and both do not occur successfully, it is not possible to reach the network. In the logs on the Mikrotik router's network, the information is that the RV340's firewall is blocking access. What rule do I need to create so that networks can communicate?

brunocostaOMB
Level 1
Level 1

I can solve this with SNAT but I don't know what the equivalent configuration would be on the RV340.

Can you explain more, you mentioned site to Site VPN, when you need soruce nat what is the use case. in that case you can take any IP which was not overlapped and do Source NAT or give more information.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help