Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN to Cisco 2911

Tommy Svensson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am thinking of bying a Cisco 2911-SEC/K9 router.

Im just wondering witch types of VPN can i use to get in to the network? I think i read that IPsec site-to-site is not a problem but im wondering about PPTP or something like that. What type of client VPN solution i can use. Im thinking about using the Anyconnect Premium if thats possible with the 2911 router. I am also wondering how much the cost for that will be per user and connection.

Regards Tommy Svensson

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Tommy,

With a 2911 and the Security License for the IOS, you can use IPsec VPNs or SSL VPNs (AnyConnect).

Traditionally IPsec VPNs allow remote clients to connect using a software client and also allows Site-to-Site connections to other peers (ASAs, IOS devices, third-party, etc.)

SSL provides VPN now through HTTPS so you don't need to worry about encryption at the network layer (as in IPsec).

Hope it helps.

Federico.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hi Tommy,

With a 2911 and the Security License for the IOS, you can use IPsec VPNs or SSL VPNs (AnyConnect).

Traditionally IPsec VPNs allow remote clients to connect using a software client and also allows Site-to-Site connections to other peers (ASAs, IOS devices, third-party, etc.)

SSL provides VPN now through HTTPS so you don't need to worry about encryption at the network layer (as in IPsec).

Hope it helps.

Federico.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: