cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Tunnel Down

Dan Loring
Level 1
Level 1

I have a vpn connection to a remote site, evidently it turns out that IP is dynamic.  So Every 6 months there ip changes.  I know we should have a static IP.  So the last time this happened I removed the old IP address and put in the new one on the ASA on our end:

config t

no crypto map mymap 1 set peer 72.95.xx.xx

crypto map mymap 1 set peer 72.65.xx.xx

The technician who previousely worked on this, and is in the woods hunting, said that he also

re-applied the myset crypto map on outside interface.

Does anyone know what I need to do to to re-apply the myset crypto map on the outside interface??

2 Replies 2

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you don't need to reapply the crypto map on the outside interface.

Just have to clear the ipsec tunnel on both end in case one side is still active and the other side has been cleared.

However, re-applying the crypto map on the outside interface will also reset the tunnel. If you only have 1 tunnel, then it's ok to re-apply the crypto map. However if you have multiple tunnels, that would also clear the other tunnels.

SSCH1NDLER
Level 1
Level 1

Hallo,

you must also create a new tunnel-group with the changed ip and the "old" pre shared key.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: