Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Tunnel Dropping packets intermittently

simulated989
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

We have a Cisco ASA and recently purchased a cisco small business srp527 router.  It is connected to our ADSL2 connection and is working fine.  I have configured the device with an ipsec tunnel using an ike profile and the tunnel is created successfully with packets traversing the tunnel.  However packets are being dropped intermittently, with no cause.  The link is currently not being utilised, there is no load on the network however when I ping google and any address subject to the rules of the tunnel i notice that a single packet is dropped every now and then.

Please help me as I am working on this device for a branch office that needs to be operational asap.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Gravesd2009
Level 1
Level 1

I have this same issue, I have a Cisco ASA 5505 that has a VPN tunnel configured from our Houston office to our Seattle office, and when we test the tunnel to verify connectivity via ICMP, every 7th packet drops. I have an idential configuration on each side, however the Seattle FW is a WatchGuard XTM model, not sure why that would make a difference, but figured it's worth mentioning.