cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Vpn tunnel issue : maximum tunnel limit reached for crypto functionality with security K9 technology package license

rajbhatt
Level 3
Level 3

HI,

I have a  CISCO3945 router , with c3900-universalk9-mz.SPA.150-1.M3.bin.

My requirement is to run BGP with Ipsec , site to site tunnels ( my requirement is about 800-900 tunnels)

Currently I  have 225 tunnels that are established after which it gives an error message :

Error : maximum tunnel limit reached for crypto functionality with security K9 technology package license .

I need 2 things :

1.How can I configure the router for 800  tunnels ? Any other technology like MGRE or DMVPN  can I use with my existing platform ?

2.If I use a Hsec9 how many more tunnels will this support ? Can I get a license for 800-900 tunnels ?

Also a sample configuration would be very helpful

regards

Raj

2 Replies 2

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you can purchase the HSEC9 license to remove the limitation with maximum number of tunnels.

Here is the error message explaination for your reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/system/messages/guide/sm_cn02.html#wp607533

Hope that helps.

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for your reply.

But I wanted to know what were my options for this box ?

If  I purchase Hsec9 license , how many more tunnels will that support ? It is not indicated in the release notes .

Also is there another technology/configuration  that I can use for this senerio for this router , to support 800 above tunnels .

Suppose if I shift from simple ipsec site to site tunnels to DMVPN or MGRE over IPSEC , wonder if it will  solve my issue ?

Or any other IOS that will support 900 IPSEC tunnels ?

Rgs

Raj

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: