Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN tunnel Issues

abhisar patil
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am getting problems regarding VPN tunnel.When VPN tunnel goes down ,  we are able to ping Z end WAN IP but not the LAN network after that.ISP is saying that there is no problem with us as you are able to reach the other end WAN IP. Also I have observed that when tunnel goes down success rate for z end WAN IP is 97%(after repeting ping for 1000 times).

Question :

1. Where is the problem?

2. Also to have VPN tunnel up success rate has to 100%. Or how much it should be to have VPN tunnel up?

Please Help.

Abhi.

2 Replies 2

andamani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

how do you come to a conclusion that the VPN tunnel has gone down?

The Other end has to be reached always. i.e. WAN ip has to be pingable always for passing the traffic.

Please check with the ISP why is the successrate 97% after the arp entry has formed?

Regards,

Anisha

Thank you for tour reply..

See after initiating Show crypto isakmp sa I am gtting US tunnel is in MM_NO_STATE also LAN network for US is un-reachable.
But ping to US WAN IP is successful with 98% success rate. So ISP is saying that this is not our issue as
your US WAN IP is rechable.

So I want know that 2% packet drops are responsible for tunnel to goes down?If yes the we can ask ISP to provide 100% success
rate.

Abhisar.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: