Replies

VPN Web Portal on FPR1120

Smitster
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I currently have a setup as follows:

ISP - Edgerouter Lite - Cisco FPR1120 - Internal Network

I have set up a test network for testing the Remote Access VPN setup using Anyconnect Plus.

Edgerouter Lite has an ip of 192.168.1.1, outside interface of FPR 1120 is 192.168.1.2.

Internal interface of FPR1120 is 192.168.2.1, internal network of type 192.168.2.0/24

The VPN has been set up exactly as outlined in the instructions here:

https://www.petenetlive.com/KB/Article/0001682

With the exception of the identity source that is an ADRealm rather than LocalIndentitySource.

Once the VPN connection was deployed i tried to access the outside interface IP at https://192.168.1.2 from the internal network to get the VPN Web Portal. however the connection times out. I am also unable to ping this ip from a client pc sitting on the inside network (192.168.2.100). I am however able to ping the edgerouter at 192.168.1.1 from the inside network.

Unsure why the WebVPN portal is not working, can anyone help please? I've tried using "show webvpn" on the FPR1120 command line but get a "Command Execution Failed" message.

Thanks in advance,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Plug a computer into the outside network of the ASA and attempt to connect to the VPN, don't test from the inside network. Alternatively enable the VPN on the inside interface and connect to the inside interface. You'd also need to setup NAT from your ISP to the ASA's inside interface.

The ASA only responds to ICMP traffic sent to the interface that traffic comes in on; you cannot send ICMP traffic through an interface (inside) to a far interface (outside).

HTH

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi,

Plug a computer into the outside network of the ASA and attempt to connect to the VPN, don't test from the inside network. Alternatively enable the VPN on the inside interface and connect to the inside interface. You'd also need to setup NAT from your ISP to the ASA's inside interface.

The ASA only responds to ICMP traffic sent to the interface that traffic comes in on; you cannot send ICMP traffic through an interface (inside) to a far interface (outside).

HTH

Ruben Cocheno
Spotlight
Spotlight

@Smitster 

Connect to the external interface and repeat the test, it should be absolutely fine, unfortunately the way that the traffic flows on the FP is not that easy. 

Tag me to follow up.
Please mark it as Helpful and/or Solution Accepted if that is the case. Thanks for making Engineering easy again.
Connect with me for more on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/rubencocheno/

Smitster1
Level 1
Level 1

Smitster
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks both, that’s sorted it

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: