Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN3000 to ASA migration issue - Error processing payload: Payload ID: 14

8c-stone
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have migrated from a VPN3000 to an ASA running 8.0(4). While it works fine for 1200+ users, around 30 users are unable to connect. Once authenticated the VPN drops.

The syslogs are recording the following;

%ASA-3-713048...Error processing payload: Payload ID: 14

If I enable debugging, I see the following against some of the affected users;

%ASA-5-713130...Received unsupported transaction mode attribute: 5

NB. We are using one time password, therefore RADIUS Authentication doesnt require passwords to be reset, I note a similar post provides a solution for RADIUS authentication with passwords -the "password-management" command - but that doesnt appear to apply in our case.

Anybody know what these mean? or what could be causing it?

Thanks, Carl

1 Reply 1

vmoopeung
Level 5
Level 5

Explanation This message indicates that a packet has been received with a payload we could not process.

Recommended Action If this problem persists, there might be a misconfiguration on the peer.

Error Message %ASA-5-713130: Received unsupported transaction mode attribute: attribute id

Explanation This message indicates that the device received a request for a valid transaction mode attribute (XAUTH or Mode Cfg) that is currently not supported. This is generally a benign condition.

Recommended Action None required.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: