Views
Helpful
Replies

VRF and IPsec tunnel

MrBeginner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi ,

I would like to ask about the VRF . I don't much knowledge in VRF. our DC router  have 2 VRF to sperate remote user and our branch user. We apply ipsec profile on WAN interface which connected to branches router.But our branch router don't run VRF and running IPsec only . All are operation and work properly.

Existing Setting.jpg

Now we have the plan to add one router in DC side for redundancy . But secondary tunnel is not up.

So please let me know my design is wrong ?

Can i add one more tunnel in branch router without using GRE tunnel ?

upgrade.jpg

6 Replies 6

Hi @MrBeginner 

Are you using tunnel interfaces or a crypto map?

If using a crypto map you just specify each DC router as a peer, this would be Active/Standby.

If using a tunnel interface (FlexVPN) then you could either have 2 tunnel interfaces or use FlexClient and specify in Active/Standby failover configuration.

If you need further assistance, can you please provide the configuration from your routers.

hi,

the main issue is i am using dc router are HP routers and branches router are cisco.HP forum is not active.So i post on this community

@MrBeginner  are you using a simple policy based VPN (crypto map)? What is your configuration? If you've defined 2 peers under the crypto map of the branch router, then the 2nd tunnel will only establish once the primary tunnel fails.

two DC router to one branch router can not done except you use GRE using same WAN interface as tunnel source and tunnel destination is the two router of DC.

VRF of DC is not effect the Branch IPSec tunnel.

Hi ,

do you mean DC site also use vrf with GRE,correct?

DC have two edge router each one have it VRF link to ISP.

here the source of tunnel is VRF not the tunnel itself. 

and hence you will get two GRE tunnel 

GRE Tunnel 1 source is vrf 1

GRE tunnel 2 source is vrf 2