cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

w2k vpn to Pix 515 with pre-shared keys

eshepherd
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone configured w2k vpn to connect to a 515 using pre-shared keys ?

I've already setup a tunnel for win98 users using cisco vpn client 1.0. I also have cisco vpn client 3.0 but it doesn't appear you can configure it for pre-shared keys only.

Any comments/suggestions greatly appreciated

3 Replies 3

mvanlaanen
Level 1
Level 1

I've set up a w2k vpn client 3.0 to a 515 using pre-shared keys. How is your w2k vpn client connecting?

I'd like to jump in here as well...I'm in the same boat. 9x clients do fine, but W2K pro can't get authenticated on network. Tunnel gets established okay and can ping internally, but can't get to network resources. Clients connect via dial-up. Using 6.01 code and 3.03a client. Any help tremendously appreciated.

The same situation with us....vpn clients (with Win2k OS) connecting to a Cisco vpn3030 behind the PIX firewall - tunnel gets established but NT authentication does not happen - you have to map drives to get to network resources. No issues with Win9x & ME.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: