Views
Helpful
Replies

Webvpn and SAP SSO

gerard van rij
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

currently I've got a asa configuratie where people can enter their username, tokencode and internal password. With this information I can directly login in sharepoint and outlook web access. I would also like to use these credentials to login in to SAP.

SAP has its own username/password database, but we also got it working with SSO (kerberos).

we are runnig ASA 8.4(2)8 and ASDM version 6.4(5)206.

in our asa it is possible to setup kerberos (KCD), but somehow if I run sh webvpn kcd the system its domain joint status is always "in progress".

does anyone have experience to get KCD working? and does anyone know how to use the username and internal password for requesting a kerberos ticket?

regards,

Gerard

1 Reply 1

j-sutterfield
Level 1
Level 1

Although this is not the answer your looking for, it is a working environment.

We are passing username and password to SAP the same as if it were Citrix.  See the URL example below:

homepage value post://sapserver.domain.com/irj/portal?j_user=CSCO_WEBVPN_USERNAME&j_password=CSCO_WEBVPN_PASSWORD&csco_proto=http&csco_frame=no

I am more interested in a kerberos answer though as we are running into URL length problems with other SAP functions.

Jason S.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: