cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WEBVPN freeze with blank "Configuration" windows open

Arturo Bianchi
Level 1
Level 1

When I try to start the "Thin Client Application" on a PC where one of the port forward is already used by local services, java open a white window entitled "Configuration" and freezes everything. Why?

How avoiding the block and get a warning or exclusion of the port?

Thanks,

Arturo.

2 Replies 2

vmoopeung
Level 5
Level 5

A remote client must download a small, Java-based applet for secure access of TCP applications that use static port numbers. UDP is not supported. Examples include access to POP3, SMTP, IMAP, SSH, and Telnet. The user needs local administrative privileges because changes are made to files on the local machine. This method of SSL VPN does not work with applications that use dynamic port assignments, for example, several FTP applications.

Hi,

I think i was misunderstood (my bad english?) WebVPN applet don't start when a local port is already used from other applications, a blank window titled "Configuration" appears and everything seems frozen. An example is shown attached.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: