Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebVpn, OWA and Single Sign on.

Hi,

I've been trying to get Single sign on working for OWA within the webvpn portal and have had no luck so far.

Users are authenticating via LDAP and the single single sign on for cifs is working perfectly.

The OWA server is 2003.

I have turned on single sign on for the network that the OWA server and file servers are in... for example

auto-signon allow ip 192.168.X.0 255.255.255.0 auth-type all  

As stated above this works perfectly for the cifs based bookmarks but not OWA.

When I click on the OWA link I just get to the login screen. From which I can pick the premium or basic client, plus whether the the security is public or private.

I have also tried changing the properties of the OWA link to post and entering parameters for the username and password.

I was reading in one document that it is neccessary to sniff the http header traffic to gather and action and hidden parameters to pass as well.  Is this true?

Any help with setting this up or trouble shooting  is very much appreciated.

regards.

3 Replies 3

mireynol
Level 1
Level 1

First, grab a copy of "Fiddler" at - http://www.fiddler2.com/Fiddler2/version.asp

Then you can connect to your OWA server and in the Fiddler capture it will give you the POST paramters. ***Keep in mind, if you use HTTPS for OWA, go to Fiddler, Tools, Fiddler Options, Check the box labeled "Capture HTTPS CONNECTs and also "Decrypt HTTPS traffic".

You then take that information to the bookmark you have created in the ASA and then put the information in exactly as it shows from capture to the POST parameters.

So for username/password if you are using the same credentials as your webvpn login, your post would have CSCO_WEBVPN_USERNAME and password would be CSCO_WEBVPN_PASSWORD for example.

Thanks Mica,

I have tried all of this, but its still doesn't seem to work.

I have managed to get it working on another ASA or OWA server, just not this particular one.

I'm trying to capture traffic when connecting to a 2003 OWA to find out the POST parameters, but I don't really know where to look in Fiddler, I've never used it before.

I've enabled HTTPS capture and I can see the traffic, but how and where do I find the POST parameters?

Cheers!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: