cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What version of AnyConnect do I need?

baskervi
Level 1
Level 1

I tried to go through pre-sales, but it became too difficult, and the first time I never received a call back. We have a customer who just purchased an ASA-5506, and they have 10 users who will be using the VPN potentially on multiple devices on both laptops and mobile devices. The 25 user count should be adequate. They are somewhat concerned about pricing, so I'd like to recommend the 3 year AnyConnect plus, and I think the SKU is L-AC-PLS-3Y-S1. Does this sound correct? I've not used AnyConnect on mobile devices, so I'm concerned about a solution that incorporates these. Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
It depends what you are trying to accomplish. The AnyConnect Plus licenses provide the following features:
● VPN functionality for PC and mobile platforms, including per-application VPN on mobile platforms, Cisco phone VPN, and third-party (non-AnyConnect) IKEv2 VPN clients
● Basic endpoint context collection
● IEEE 802.1X Windows supplicant
● Cisco Cloud Web Security agent for Windows and Mac OS X platforms (Cloud Web Security services are licensed separately.)
● Cisco Umbrella Roaming agent for Windows and Mac OS X platforms (Umbrella Roaming services are licensed separately.)
● Cisco Advanced Malware Protection for Endpoints Enabler (AMP for Endpoints is licensed separately.)
● FIPS compliance

For 25-99 users & 3 years if you wanted the AC plus term licenses you would be referencing this SKU: L-AC-PLS-3Y-S1

Take a peek at this as this should better assist with finding your unique needs: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/anyconnect-og.html#4Orderinginformation
HTH!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
It depends what you are trying to accomplish. The AnyConnect Plus licenses provide the following features:
● VPN functionality for PC and mobile platforms, including per-application VPN on mobile platforms, Cisco phone VPN, and third-party (non-AnyConnect) IKEv2 VPN clients
● Basic endpoint context collection
● IEEE 802.1X Windows supplicant
● Cisco Cloud Web Security agent for Windows and Mac OS X platforms (Cloud Web Security services are licensed separately.)
● Cisco Umbrella Roaming agent for Windows and Mac OS X platforms (Umbrella Roaming services are licensed separately.)
● Cisco Advanced Malware Protection for Endpoints Enabler (AMP for Endpoints is licensed separately.)
● FIPS compliance

For 25-99 users & 3 years if you wanted the AC plus term licenses you would be referencing this SKU: L-AC-PLS-3Y-S1

Take a peek at this as this should better assist with finding your unique needs: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/anyconnect-og.html#4Orderinginformation
HTH!

Thanks, Mike.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: