cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where Can I find GUI Language Transforms for fc fo AnyConnect Client?

GrumpyBear
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

It appears that all end-users have to translate roughly 750 text messages complete with placeholders & escaped symbols to the language of their choice with the AnyConnect 2.5 client.

I'm looking for Canadian French translations - Surely someone has done this?

My alternatives are sending the text strings out for translation (I'm guessing 4 - 6 weeks minimum) and hoping for the best or, braving Google Translate

There are translates for the installer but that's about it.

2 Replies 2

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Grumpy,

Example of lan package:

anyconnect-gina-win-2.5.2014-pre-deploy-k9-lang.zip

And sort of odl translation:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect22/administration/guide/22admin5.html#wp1006198

French customization is there, you can adjust it to make it particulary Canadian :-)

Marcin

Marcin,

The section in the AnyConnect Admin guides about the french & japanese translates being available disappears in the ver 2.4 guide (i.e. is there is 2.3 & earlier).  The files on the site with "lang" in the filename are just the mst language transforms for installing the app NOT for the GUI itself.  The GUI files would end with a ".po" and are nowhere to be found in the "new & improved" download navigator.

Merde - LOL this is a naughty word in French that the BB software is smart enough to star out - now if the GUI was localised this well

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: