Views
Helpful
Replies

which AnyConnect should I download?

proactive99
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to download an AnyConnect 2.5 from cisco.com. I noticed that there are several versions for the anyconnect as below:

anyconnect-EnableFIPS-win-2.5.2010.exe

anyconnect-dart-win-2.5.2010-k9.pkg

anyconnect-gina-win-2.5.2010-pre-deploy-k9-lang.zip

anyconnect-win-vpnapi-2.5.2010.zip

And there are some new words, EnableFIPS, dart, gina, and vpnapi. What do these word stand for, please?

Rgds,

-Alejin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

anyconnect-EnableFIPS-win-2.5.2010.exe --> FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standard), a US Federal Government standard/version of AnyConnect. This requires the ASA to be licensed with FIPS.

anyconnect-dart-win-2.5.2010-k9.pkg --> the "dart" version is only for troubleshooting purposed, and only required if you are going to perform troubleshooting on the anyconnect package.

anyconnect-gina-win-2.5.2010-pre-deploy-k9-lang.zip --> this version is a version that you can preinstalled on the client's PC manually.

anyconnect-win-vpnapi-2.5.2010.zip --> this is an API for GUI programming.

The version that you would need to upload to the ASA is "anyconnect-win-2.5.2010-k9.pkg". This will allow user to use browser to browse to your ASA outside interface ip address, and it will automatically download and install the anyconnect client on the user's machine.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

anyconnect-EnableFIPS-win-2.5.2010.exe --> FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standard), a US Federal Government standard/version of AnyConnect. This requires the ASA to be licensed with FIPS.

anyconnect-dart-win-2.5.2010-k9.pkg --> the "dart" version is only for troubleshooting purposed, and only required if you are going to perform troubleshooting on the anyconnect package.

anyconnect-gina-win-2.5.2010-pre-deploy-k9-lang.zip --> this version is a version that you can preinstalled on the client's PC manually.

anyconnect-win-vpnapi-2.5.2010.zip --> this is an API for GUI programming.

The version that you would need to upload to the ASA is "anyconnect-win-2.5.2010-k9.pkg". This will allow user to use browser to browse to your ASA outside interface ip address, and it will automatically download and install the anyconnect client on the user's machine.

Hope that helps.

Thank you so much!

Massively so, even several years and versions later. 

"Pre-deployment"? Really, Cisco? Really? That makes it sound like some prerequisite that needs to be put on every machine BEFORE I install the real thing. I know, I know, RTFM, would love to find TFingM. Grumble mutter curse...

Thanks again, this is extremely helpful! :)