Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows 10 Cisco VPN Client 5.0.07.0440 Error 427

H20wakebum
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I just downloaded windows 10 from Microsoft (full release).  I am having issues getting Cisco VPN Client working (version 5.0.07.0440).

At first, I Was unable to install the application so I followed the instructions to install the CISCO DNE.  This successfully installed the client.

Now however, I am getting an error upon login.  I get error 427, unknown error occurred at peer.

Can anyone help?  My Network Admin said that we can't use a default windows VPN because we're using Cisco VPN concentrator as VPN server.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

wconner88
Level 1
Level 1

I would recommend you fully remove the DNE software and the client.  

Follow the instructions posted here and you will be good to go.  

http://itthatshouldjustwork.blogspot.com/2015/07/cisco-64-bit-vpn-client-on-windows-10.html?m=1

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

wconner88
Level 1
Level 1

I would recommend you fully remove the DNE software and the client.  

Follow the instructions posted here and you will be good to go.  

http://itthatshouldjustwork.blogspot.com/2015/07/cisco-64-bit-vpn-client-on-windows-10.html?m=1

Thanks so much, I followed the steps and now am succesfully able to connect to my companies VPN.

-RR

Hi, 

The URL shared by wconner88 above will do the trick.  It basically walks you through removing old VPN client code before installing current version of client.  

Here's the URL again - http://itthatshouldjustwork.blogspot.com/2015/07/cisco-64-bit-vpn-client-on-windows-10.html?m=1

This no longer works. Since the last creators update the Cisco VPN client is permanently broken. 

Anyone have a new workaround?

I recommand for you best Kroger vpn  

Jrestes927
Level 1
Level 1

The Windows 10 update I received Dec 4, 2015 broke the Cisco VPN client for Windows 10.  I had it working, based on the above steps, but am now getting an incompatibility issue, as well as a message saying the the Cisco VPN Client has been removed from my PC.

Sad that this is supposedly EOL...seems like there are still plenty of people utilizing it.

Same thing just happened to me on Dec 6, 2015.  

pinetworkx1
Level 1
Level 1

I am working in cisco systems VPN client v5.0.07.0440. When I connected to the VPN the VPN automatically disconnected after 5 or 10 min. And also my internet broadband is normal no disconnection on browsing websites.

The only issue is that when I connected to my VPN the VPN is automatically disconnected.

What is the solution for this ?

Thank you for this post 

I have been using Nordvpn for awhile now and have not seen an increase in speeds. I have a 300 Mbps download from my isp, but while using Nord I can only get at best 10 down. I have tried many different servers in North America and no difference. I would also like to see the use of obfuscated servers with a router set-up. The reason for the obfuscated servers is that no bank will let you access online services through a vpn. Are there better vpn’s that is a persons opinion, I am mostly satisfied with this service, but as I said there are still improvements that can be made.