cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows 10 "No Internet, Connected" message.

johnreiling
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am working on delivering a Windows 10 client in our company - we initially started with anyconnect secure mobility 3.1.10x and are now testing 3.1.14.  We are not yet licensed for 4.x, although working on that.

One item that my pilot users are reporting back, is that the native windows network connection manager is reporting that the active connection has 'no internet' when the vpn client is connected.  Once the VPN client is disconnected, the connection status updates to stating 'connected'.

The status does not appear to have any bearing on the functionality of the client, meaning internet and such still works when the vpn is connected (we are using Split tunneling as well), although it just is creating confusion for the end users.

Does anyone happen to know if there is a way to remediate this item?  I believe this issue was present with Windows 8 as well, although we did not have many of these in our environment to prioritize the investigation.

From a client perspective, we do have a client firewall at play, although I have disabled this to test and have the same result.

Thanks,

John

4 Replies 4

Dina Odeh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello John, 

We start here talking about anyconnect and then you mentioned that you have the issue when users are using the vpn client. Do you mean with the vpn client the legacy one ? or you mean the anyonnect ? 

If we have the issue with the legacy one, then kindly note that legacy vpn client is not supported with both windows 10 and windows 8, so any un-suspect-able errors are normal here. 

Hi,

We are running anyconnect 3.1.14x.  We're only using the secure mobility, sbl and dart components.

thanks,

John

Hi John, 

It seems that we are hitting this bug: 

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCtz89354/?reffering_site=dumpcr

I'll search if we have any workaround for this. 

Hi John, 

The bug is still open and not resolved yet.