Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows 7 64-bit using aircards and IPSec VPN client

wngwngwng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Does anyone know if cisco will be putting out a new 64-bit IPSec VPN client that will support Windows7 64-bit and aircards?  I noticed that there was a new 32 bit released, ver 5.0.07.0410 and ver 5.0.07.0290 doesn't support aircards.  Will we be forced into using CiscoAnyconnect?

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

Herbert Baerten
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

As far as I know, Cisco has no plans to release a version of the VPN client that supports WWAN cards in Win7.

Anyconnect would be the recommended way forward.

Now, the Cisco vpnclient uses the DNE (deterministic network enhancer) provided by Citrix so the following may (or may not) be of some help : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977999

Having said that, please note that changing the DNE that is supplied as part of the vpnclient package, is not supported by Cisco (in other words TAC will not fix it if it breaks), so use at your own risk (I have not tried it and do not know of anyone that did).

hth

Herbert

Hi Herbert,

Has the Anyconnect client been verified to be used with aircards and 64 bit Windows 7 clients?

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Bill,

Yes, this document confirms that "AnyConnect is compatible with 3G data cards which interface with Windows 7 via a WWAN adapter.":

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/compatibility/asa-vpn-compatibility.html#wp165123

hth

Herbert

Hi Herbert,

Thanks for the answer.  We have the person trying out the Anyconnect client.  Do you know if the clientless side will support sharepoint 2010?  or have any documentation on that?

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Bill,

no, sorry, I do not have any info on that - you may want to discuss this with your local Cisco sales office or your Cisco Partner as they can get an official answer from the business unit.

Herbert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: