cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Allowing SugarSync

Anthony Thomson
Level 3
Level 3

Our Ironport S160 seems to be allowing cloud based services such as Dropbox and Amazon, but for some reason SugarSync fails to work through the WSA.  I freely admit that I'm not very experienced with this product (I didn't set it up in the first place); I could really use some help trying to figure out why this one cloud storage service fails whereas others do not.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Erik Kaiser
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Anthony,

The first step to trouble shooting this issue is to grep for the access logs. Take a look at my video I created on youtube. This short video will explain the steps necessary to trouble shoot the issue. Let me know if you have any questions after you review the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IKMAJfWilQ

Sincerely,

Erik Kaiser
WSA CSE
WSA Cisco Forums Moderator

Sincerely, Erik Kaiser WSA CSE WSA Cisco Forums Moderator

Okay, I followed the steps in the video, and what I got out of it was the key log entry:

"TCP_DENIED/307 0 HEAD http://updates.sugarsync.com/versioninfo?userid=3005570 - NONE/- - OTHER-NONE-MyCompany_Internal_Policy-NONE-NONE-NONE-NONE <-,-,-,"-",-,-,-,-,"-",-,-,-,"-",-,-,"-","-",-,-,-,-,"-","-","-","-","-","-",0.00,0,Local,"-","-"> -"

Now apparently HTTP 307 status refers to a Temporary Redirect.  This was not immediately helpful.  What I did realize though is that (using nslookup) updates.sugarsync.com corresponds to IP 74.201.86.21.  Having spent a lot of time looking at the configuration of the WSA, this IP was familiar to me.  It was listed under the proxy bypass settings.

So taking a chance, I removed it from the proxy bypass settings and retried SugarSync.  It now appears to work.  To me this is counter-intuitive, as I would think that anything in this list would not be subject to any scanning or interference from the WSA.

So, I don't understand the problem.  I don't know why I was getting the HTTP/307 message in the first place, and why removing that IP from the proxy bypass settings resolved the problem.  And I don't know why it was in the proxy bypass settings in the first place, but that's up to the person who first configured it and I'll likely never know the answer.

If you could help me to understand the resolution, I'd appreciate it.  Thanks.

Anthony you just save me!

I was having problems with windows 7 activation trough IronPort websecurity, I was getting TCP_DENIED/307 on the Microsoft activation server. After i removed microsoft.com from Custom URL Categories everything was fine.

Thanks Anthony for the lead!

Thanx Erik for youtube tutorial.

Your welcome have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !

Sincerely,

Erik Kaiser
WSA CSE
WSA Cisco Forums Moderator

Sincerely, Erik Kaiser WSA CSE WSA Cisco Forums Moderator
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: