cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5500X series with AVC and WSE experience

MooreIT01
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have any firsthand experience with the AVC (application visability and controle) + WSE (web security essentials) products running on the new ASA55XX-X series firewalls?  We currently use Websense (V5000 appliance) for this and are looking to move away from them.  Our current firewalls are ok (ASA5510's) but I'd like to upgrade to the newer (faster) appliances and kill two birds with one stone so to speak.  I'd love to know some first hand experience with it (mostly performance experience) to help me understand if this is something we should consider.  We have about 260 employee's right now with a 100mb pipe to the internet (looking at our ISP's stats we're running at about 40 - 50% of that at any given time).  We have several apps that are web based along with our in house apps that also touch the web in some fasion or other.  Thanks for any input!

2 Replies 2

Erik Kaiser
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi MooreIT,

This questions is better directed to sales. Sales can look at your environment and provide your organization with the correct hardware based on size and requirements.

Sincerely,

Erik Kaiser
WSA CSE
WSA Cisco Forums Moderator

Sincerely, Erik Kaiser WSA CSE WSA Cisco Forums Moderator

Well, I realize that sales would "like" to help me size the equipment but that won't help me determine whether this will truly work in my environment.  I would much rather talk to someone that has actually used the product then have a talk with the sales guy selling the product.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: