Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Critical <System> filtroweb2.grupo.cl: Internal SMTP

Hi ,

Our  ironport WSA show this message:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

De: Cisco IronPort S660 Alert [mailto:alert@filtroweb2.grupo.cl]

Enviado el: martes, 02 de julio de 2013 1:00
Para: xxxx
Asunto: Critical <System> filtroweb2.grupocge.cl: Internal SMTP giving up on message to xxxx@xxxx.com

The Critical message is:

Internal SMTP giving up on message to xxxx@xxxx.com

.com

with subject 'Cisco Report: Application Visibility - Proxy 2\n\t(filtroweb2.grupocge.cl)': Unrecoverable error.

Product: Cisco IronPort S660 Web Security Appliance
Model: S660
Version: 7.5.1-079
Serial Number: 001EC9F0DD93-5M6V4H1
Timestamp: 02 Jul 2013 01:00:06 -0400

To learn more about this alert, please visit the Cisco IronPort support Web site.

http://www.cisco.com/web/ironport/index.html

Additional assistance is available through a Support Request. From Cisco IronPort S660, go to the "Help and Support" menu in the upper right corner of the page and select "Open a Support Case".

Thank you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

who understand this message and possible solutions ????

Regards,

Yerko MuƱoz D.

3 Replies 3

Hi Yerko:

I took a look at the support and seems to me a good article to start looking at:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/1001308

According to this article, the problem could be related to the request support that you are sending is a fairly large file. It's possible that the mail server is blocking it.

Regards,

Francisco RodrĆ­guez Poblete.

Hi Francisco,

I seen that article but the information is not sufficient, I'm already search information about this case to apply test in the appliance.

If you have more information will be fabulous...

Best Regards,

Yerko

Hi Yerko:

My advise is that the problem seems to be related to the SMTP server of the Ironport. It has a problem trying to send a report named 'Cisco Report: Application Visibility - Proxy 2\n\t(filtroweb2.grupocge.cl)'. If I have to take an action I suggest to change de SMTP server to another MTA, for instance another Ironport C or a linux MTA.  Doing that you'll be able to look at the logs and try to find out what is going on.

Best Regards,

Francisco RodrĆ­guez Poblete.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: