Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Descrepancies in SMAv Reporting

Hi Guys, maybe someone can shed some light on this.

I go to the web reporting and then users on the SMA. A specific user for example 2.6Gb bandwidth used for a period.

When I click on the user, the values change significantly, it goes up to 30Gb used.

Is there a difference between the 'Users' report, and then drilling into that user?

Thanks!

Jacques

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Handy Putra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jacques,

Actually there is a different on those reports, when you drill down the user, the reporting database is taken from the web tracking database instead of normal reporting database.

If those 2 database are not sync then the result can be bit different, however normally this will take bit of time for those to to sync up since the interval are different from backend.

However having said that, there is actually a defect that is similar to the behaviour that you mentioned (effected ESA, WSA and SMA). the defect is pretty recent and still being worked on.

If you want to get more details on this behaviour, would recommend to open TAC case for the engineer to confirm and verify the database from the backend.

Regards,

Handy Putra

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Handy Putra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jacques,

Actually there is a different on those reports, when you drill down the user, the reporting database is taken from the web tracking database instead of normal reporting database.

If those 2 database are not sync then the result can be bit different, however normally this will take bit of time for those to to sync up since the interval are different from backend.

However having said that, there is actually a defect that is similar to the behaviour that you mentioned (effected ESA, WSA and SMA). the defect is pretty recent and still being worked on.

If you want to get more details on this behaviour, would recommend to open TAC case for the engineer to confirm and verify the database from the backend.

Regards,

Handy Putra

Hi, thanks, that makes sense. At least I can now explain to management.

Thanks!

Jacques