cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internet performance through WSAs

David Niemann
Level 3
Level 3

I have a pair of S380 WSAs using WCCP redirect from an ASA.  I'm doing http and https proxying.  The clients all have the certs of the WSAs to enable the decryption.   The WCCP load balancing is done by destination (the default). I have random users throughout the day that experience periods of not being able to load web pages.  Any browser is affected and it's very random and doesn't affect all users.  I've tried doing captures with TAC and have not been able to find a smoking gun of the root cause.  At this point I've even removed one of the WSAs from the WCCP redirect so all users are going through a single WSA and I still hear complaints about it.  I have actually seen a similar issue myself once.  It's almost like the browser (all browsers) just stall and get stuck on loading.  Then after a few minutes the page just all of the sudden fully renders.  I'm about fed up with the incessant calls about Internet performance.  If I bypass a user via WCCP redirect they have no issues.  There are no tell tale issues in the logs.  I've opened a few TAC cases, but the issues are so random I can never fully capture it in progress.  I'm running WSA 8.0.8 and all proxies are managed by SMA.  Anyone have any advice or recommendations? I'm about at the point of moving to AVC and URL blocking on the ASAs directly with Firepower and scrap the WSAs

1 Reply 1

RoadRunner4k
Level 1
Level 1

What about TAC have they found anything of interest while they have investigated the performance?

As far as i know AsyncOS 8.5.3-069 should be a GD release that are stable, have this been suggested to be used by TAC?

which version are running on the ASA doing WCCP? and which model is it?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: