cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ironport M Series and WSA

Oscar Grande
Level 1
Level 1

I can not manage an Ironport S370 from SMA M670 !!!

The manager show me the next message in the Identity tab:  * Realm or sequence not found

I can import the configuration but I can´t publish it because the manager show the next message "Incompatible AsyncOS Version"

Manager system:7.9.1-030

WSA system:7.5.0-833 for Web

13 Replies 13

Christian Rahl
Level 1
Level 1

Please make sure that the WSA is correctly assigned to the configuration master 7.5.  If it is not assigned to a config master the box cannot be managed.

Christian Rahl

Customer Support Engineer

Cisco Web Content Security Appliance

Cisco Technical Assistance Center RTP

Oscar Grande
Level 1
Level 1

Christian,

I could not assign it because the identity tap show me this message.

Can you take a screenshot of the following items in the M series?

1. Management Appliance -> Centralized Services -> Security Appliances, click on the appliance name.
  2. Web -> Utilities -> Web Appliance Status
  3. Web -> Utilities -> Web Appliance Status, Click on the appliance name and scroll to the bottom for Authentication Service.

Christian Rahl

I imported the configuration from the device JUNO1 because it has the version 7.5...

In that last image location. Can you click on one of the WSA's names?

Christian Rahl

Well the issue right now is that juno1 is assigned to the wrong configuration master.  Please verify that under Management Appliance -> Centralized Services -> Security appliances -> Juno1 is assigned to config master 7.5.

Christian Rahl

Thanks, this was exactly the issue I faced after upgrading the WSA from 12.5.x to 14.0.2!

It seems this still is an issue and causes the initially posted error message "* Realm or sequence not found".

Once I set one of the WSA boxes to Configuration Manager 14.0 I finally could assign the AD to the policies. 

I expected this answer because it sounds obvious, but you would assign the configuration if the manager show you

* Realm or sequence not found after imported it ?

The box is not refreshing the correct information from the WSA.  This would be caused because different config masters interact differently with the WSA's.  So a 7.1 config master cannot refresh the correct data from the 7.5 box.

Christian Rahl

Ok but are there any way to delete from the manager both configuration?? , after that I could imported de configuration again!!

Hi Oscar,

Could you please clarify your question so we may be able to best answer  ?

Sincerely,

Erik Kaiser
WSA CSE
WSA Cisco Forums Moderator

Sincerely, Erik Kaiser WSA CSE WSA Cisco Forums Moderator

Don´t worry, I solved it.

Thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: