cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IronPort S170 is prompting Outlook 2003 in Citrix session for authentication

tdhb..hiq
Level 1
Level 1

The issue we are having is with emails that have embedded website content/pictures which needs to download data through the IronPort S170.

Users that are authorised to view content on a workstation are blocked from viewing that content in Citrix.

On my workstation, I am running Windows 7 and Outlook 2010.  When I open an email with embedded content, the email opens fine. 

In our CPS4.5/Windows 2003 environment on Outlook 2003, if I open the same email, I get prompted for authentication.  On the top of the email, it has the message "Click here to download pictures.  To help protect your privacy, Outlook prevented automatic download of some pictures in this message."  This message is standard for our environment.  When I click the link and select Download Pictures, I am immediately prompted by the S170 for a Username and Password with the standard authentication prompt.  If I enter my username and password, it does not authenticate me, and if I try too many times, it locks out my AD account.  Clicking cancel multiple times gets rid of the prompt, but all of the pictures just end up with a red X.

Just to supply more information.  The proxy we are upgrading from, is a Trend Micro IWSVA v5.1 server which doesnt seem to have the same issue as the S170.  I just thought I would mention that so you knew that it wasnt a rogue group policy setting causing an issue.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Cheers

Patrick

2 Replies 2

tdhb..hiq
Level 1
Level 1

I have just found community post https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3331738#3331738.

We are running out S170 in explicit proxy mode.  Whether or not you enter your login and password in the authentication box, it doesnt seem to load the pictures.  That is with Outlook 2003 in a Citrix CPS4.5/2003 environment.  However, on my local desktop, running Outlook 2010, this issue does not occur.  If the pictures are stored internally, this issue doesnt occur, so it is only for emails with internet content in them.

I tailed both authlogs and accesslogs when opening the example email and nothing displayed.  I changed to debug mode on the Authlogs and I have attached the results to his post.

It seems ridiculous if we need to have a no authenication rule for Outlook 2003 to allow it to load the pictures in an email.

Cheers

Patrick

The fix supplied by Cisco was http://support.microsoft.com/kb/824067.

Hope this helps anyone else having this issue.

Cheers

Patrick