Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ironport S650 to S170

Hi,

Just want to ask if we can load the configuration from S650 to S170 having the same asnyc os?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Chris Illsley
Level 3
Level 3

Never done it but there aren't any difference in the operating systems so I can't see any reason why not.  I'd have thought you may just want to configure the interfaces separately.

Cheers

Chris

Richard,

The config file has all of the IP/hostname info in it, and doesn't seem to have the certs.  If you're replacing the S650 with the S170, and can take a little down time, loading the config from one to the other is pretty simple. 
1.  Figure out what's on the S170, and make sure the 650 is upgraded to the same version
2.  Backup the config and certs and keys off the S650
3.  Shut down the 650
4.  Hook up the 170 in place of the 650, set the IPs, join it to the domain, import the certs
5.  Restore the complete configuration file.
Note that you can upload "sections" of the config file, so if you want to set them up side by side, you can do that too. 
1.  Figure out what's on the S170, and make sure the 650 is upgraded to the same version
2.  Backup the config and certs and keys off the S650
3.  config the s170 with new IP's/DNS names/join it to the domain
4.  Upload certs to the s170
5.  Clean up the config.xml of all of the stuff that's unique to the S650, make sure to leave the xml version/doctype tags at the top.
6.  Past or upload the cleaned up file/file sections and commit it.
(this is lightly covered in the help file, under System Administration > Managing the S-Series Appliance in a section called "Saving and Loading the Appliance Configuration"
Ken

Raul Ricano
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever get this figured out?  I am actually looking to do the opposite going from an S170 to a more powerful S380.  I was wondering if this could be done so that I did not have to spend all the time recreating the policies, identities, etc..  Thanks for your help in advance.

Thanks

Raul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: