Views
Helpful
Replies

IRONPORT SHOWS BLOCKED PAGE

bijin bharathan
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Ironport WSA shows our customised blocked page if any user try to access a site which not allowed in access policies.A small problem here is that ,it even shows the blocked page when user type a url wrongly.As soon as user see this,they feel that the site is blocked.

Any parameter need to change to resolve this issue?.

Thanks

Bijin

5 Replies 5

I'm assuming you have configured a custom category, and put a very limited set of sites in it, and the users aren't going to one of those sites, they get blocked?

A bit more info on you policy set up would help.

Dear Ken,

I will you an example

www.google.com is open.If any user do a typo and try www.googe.com,it will show the blocked page.then naturally user think that google is blocked.

In those cases it should not dsplay blocked page,It should display "Page cannot be displayed"

Please adivice

Hey Bijin,

I understood that what the problem was, I was trying to understand how you configured the WSA.

The config of the identity and access policy would be helpful.

Ken

Agreed. A more detailed explaination of how the identity and the access policies are setup would help. My bet is that, under that access policy, you have everything set to deny and are using a custom category to specify allowed URL's.

Or is it possible you're using End User Notification Pages and your users are mistaking the DNS failure notification for the site being blocked?  I know we've had to deal with plenty of calls where this was the case - we use our own custom corporate logo embedded on notification pages so as soon as users see this they assume we're blocking the site.

I've since amended the default ERR_DNS_FAIL file on our s660s to contain additional wording - basically stressing users check their typing/ensure they have the correct address before logging calls with our IT Help Desk.  Of course we still get the calls!

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: