Views
Helpful
Replies

IronPort WSA with MAC computers

Mustapha Arakji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an IronPort configured for transparent proxy, but secure authentication is not working. Is there any best practice for MAC computers other than "No Authentication"?

Regards,           

5 Replies 5

Mustapha Arakji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I got a reply from Cisco that Mac PCs support Basic Authentication only, so i'm going to test this in my lab, but i'm positive that i will face more challenges .

Thanks,

Hi Mustapha,

I'm facing the same problem (mac computers and WSA), I set up my new ironport WSA and everythings works fine with windows PC. But with the MAC I've got some troubles to get this work well. I always get the login pop up in safari and in all others applications.

Did you finally solved your problem?

Thanks for your answer.

Mathieu

Yes, we concluded that MAC PC will work only with Basic authentication and IP address surrogate option.

HTH

Thanks for your answer Mustapha.

How do you order your acces policies in order to use NTLM with Windows PC, and use Basic with MAC PC?

Regards

If you have BYOD environment, then you can't.

You can use the User-Agent to identify the Safari browser, but you can't make sure all MAC users will use Safari.

If you have a LAB where all PCs are MAC you can use the DHCP to assign it a range and create your identity based on it.

Regards,