cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

iTunes keep asking for credentials

csi-ingenieros
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I have an IronPort S170, with latest version and updates.

We have a lot of users using itunes to sync Apple devices, the problem is that it allways asks for user & password, several times (really annoying). Can anybody help me solving this issue?

thanks a lot

Best regards.                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sfiebran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Gonzalo,

I assume you're using NTLM SSO. Pending on you configuration this auth popup is created due inability to authenticate via NTLM for the specific request. It seems there are currently known problems with iTunes and NTLM auth. I found records on apple support communitate reporting version 1.6 of iTunes no longer being able to proper authenticate via NTLM. As workaround you could use e.g. IP surrogates which will keep the users IP authenticated once the first request has been authenticated, e.g. via Internet Explorer. By this iTunes will not require to authenticate again. Also your Domain Controller will be happy to have less auth request.

-Stephan

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

sfiebran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Gonzalo,

I assume you're using NTLM SSO. Pending on you configuration this auth popup is created due inability to authenticate via NTLM for the specific request. It seems there are currently known problems with iTunes and NTLM auth. I found records on apple support communitate reporting version 1.6 of iTunes no longer being able to proper authenticate via NTLM. As workaround you could use e.g. IP surrogates which will keep the users IP authenticated once the first request has been authenticated, e.g. via Internet Explorer. By this iTunes will not require to authenticate again. Also your Domain Controller will be happy to have less auth request.

-Stephan

Hi Stephan, thanks for your answer. Indeed, I am using NTLM authentication. Where can I enable IP surrogates in the web UI? I only found time out settings in "Network\Authentication".

Thanks again

Regards

Hi Gonzalo,

on the latest versions, you go to Web Security Manager -> Idendities -> -> and edit and change "Surrogate Type" to IP Address

-Stephan

I checked the applied settings and IP address is already configured. Any other ideas?

Thank you!

Hi, still facing the same issue. Can anybody help me?

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: