cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

M670 Appliance

robert.nieuwhof
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Customer that has about 10 Iron Port 370 Web Security appliances.  They want to have a M670 on the West Coast be the Primary Central Manager with a second M670 on the East coast acting in a secondary manager role.  I am struggling to locate docs on the Cisco site showing how to set-up the roles between the M670s.  Can Anyone Assist?

Thanks in Advance.

Rob

2 Replies 2

Jeronimo Orona
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Rob,

In AsyncOS Version 6 and later, redundancy was introduced to allow for message tracking  and reporting data to be replicated across two M series appliances. If  you configure redundancy("secondaryconfig"), ensure that only one IronPort M-Series  Security Management appliance has redundancy enabled along with the  respective C-Series appliances.

The following Knowledge Base article covers this type of configuration.

Article #976: How can I configure the M-series appliance for redundancy?

Link: http://tinyurl.com/3ydzrn

Hope this answers your questions.

Regards,

-Jerry Orona

donnylee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In addition to Jerry's response.

Centralized reporting feature for WSA will only work with one SMA (M-series), however you can add one SMA to two SMAs for centralized configuration. Just need to be careful to track which SMA is used to push/publish the configuration to the WSA.

-Donny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: