cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

S series appliance sales

denisp_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Hey, folks . I am a partner is sunny Dubai . We have numerous discussions here back and force with Ironport teams who are relucant for us to sale S series , many excuses , like not a good cache , no good url filtering yet and everything is coming , end users on the other hands are bugging me , since netcache and bluecoat are not that good .
Any experiences on saling S series ? Anybody installed it ? How hard it is to install it versus ordinary cache systems out their ?
Your views and sharing information will be much appreciated .

17 Replies 17

denisp_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

I can tell all of you now , I am dissapointed a lot after evaluation of the system , system doesn't do 80% of what we expect it to do , it is nice product and expansive one for antimalware , and antispyware and nothing more then that at the moment. Ironport have very long way to do to get with the other vendors ... , basic few NTLM features with upstream pareant proxy is not supported , we do not even mentioning such things as ICP , IP spoofing in http headers and many more things ...

jowolfer
Level 1
Level 1

Denisp,

I think it would help if you clarified what functionality you are disapointed with.

The WSA supports NTLM with an upstream proxy. You cannot do double proxy NTLM authentication, due to the requirement for persistant connections. So you either have to perform NTLM on the WSA or on the upstream proxy, but cannot do both.

I will let Shalabh comment on ICP.

What exactly do you mean by "IP spoofing in http headers"? You want to write your own x-forwarded-for header, instead of having it pertain to the client proxying? If so, what would be the purpose for this?

smohan_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Denis, can you clarify what version of the OS you have tried out? From your comments, it seems like you may have been looking at the older OS versions.

-Shalabh