Views
Helpful
Replies

sometimes bad performance after activating AMP

braunmiller
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

this week we activated AMP (File Reputation Filtering and File Analysis) on our S380 (10.5.2-042). Now accessing some rare websites and some tools (i.e. pushing code to a bitbucket server) have a massive performance drop. It seems that in these cases the connection waits for 120 seconds before the request is being fulfilled. 

Any guess where we need to look to debug this problem?

Best Regards,

Andreas

4 Replies 4

When I was in the beta for 11.7, we found a bug in my prod box where AMP would choke and restart, the WSA would stop processing, recover and then you'd get an alert saying " Amp can now process this list of file types..."

Are you getting that alert?

I received the alert ("The following file type(s) can be sent for File Analysis:Microsoft Windows / DOS Executable, Microsoft Office 97-2004 (OLE), Microsoft Office 2007+ (Open XML), Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF). To allow analysis of new file type(s), go to Security Services > File Reputation and Analysis.") almost instantly after activating the feature for the first time.

Yep, you'll get the first one... but if you keep getting them, AMP is restarting...

No further alert arrived so far. So it might be another problem than AMP keeping on restarting. Nevertheless thank you for the reply!