cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What does the hp8, hp7, etc... mean in the WSA's release name?

tiborilles
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I see a HP8, HP7, etc... in the WSA's release name. (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10164/prod_release_notes_list.html)

What does it mean? Which is the better, or what is/are the differences beetween this versions? I try to run over the different documents, but I not found a lot of - exactly nothing - difference.

The upgrade paths are not the same. The release dates also, but I don't find why.

I suggested that the number is grow continuously, but the 7.1.3 HP4 announced earlier than the simple 7.1.3 without HP in their name, same time when the 7.1.3 HP6 released.

Can anybody tell me how this naming convention works? I confused.

Kindly regards,

Tibor ILLÉS

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tidavids
Level 1
Level 1

The term "HP" refers to "Hot Patch" or better known as a bug fix.

The release are cumulative; that is, HP8 contains all the fixes that were released in prior "hot patches".  The exact fixes are listed in the various Release Notes under the "Resolved Issues" section.

~Tim

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

tidavids
Level 1
Level 1

The term "HP" refers to "Hot Patch" or better known as a bug fix.

The release are cumulative; that is, HP8 contains all the fixes that were released in prior "hot patches".  The exact fixes are listed in the various Release Notes under the "Resolved Issues" section.

~Tim

Tim,

Thank you very much for the quick and helpful answer.

Regards,

Tibor ILLÉS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: