cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows Connector ID

rcullum
Level 1
Level 1

How do you identify a Windows Server Connector from the Connector ID in Cloud Web Security? On the WSA its easy. It shows you the Connector ID for the WSA on the WSA System Status web UI or type 'version' at the cli.

5 Replies 5

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
On CWS ScanCenter portal, run a search on "Connector version" and it will show you a list of all the different Connector types used. The Windows connector will show up just as a version, eg: 2.9.7.1 or 3.0.4.0.
If it's a WSA Connector, it will show up as "coeus-9-0-1-162"

Thanks, but that doesn't tell you which Windows connector. I want to identify which Windows connector. How do I cross-reference the Connector ID to which Windows connector?

If you run the following search:

Screenshot-2017-10-20 Cisco.png

On the Connector version that has your Windows Connector, it will list down all the Connector ID. Typically the Connector ID will show you the hostname of the server that you can use to co-relate. The earlier version of Connector might not have that information available, but give that a go and see what the result is.

Alternatively, if you only have 1 Windows Connector per site, you can also run the search and look for the external IP where the traffic comes from and you will find out which site it is.

If you advise what exactly you are trying to find out, I can try to see if there is other options. Give the above a go and see if you can get what you are looking for.

Hi, I tried that but the Connector ID is not shown as the Windows Connector server hostname. It still shows a unique Connector ID that has no relationship to the hostname :-(. I guess this is just not possible then. Surely somewhere on the Windows Connector its possible to extract the Connector ID it's using?

Please take a look at the "Connector" directory within the Windows server, and there should be a "setup.log" file that might contain the ID that you are looking for.

You can also manually configure Connector ID within the Windows Connector (agent.properties file):

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/web_security/connector/administrator/guide/b_Connector_Administrator_Guide/b_Connector_Administrator_Guide_chapter_010.html

(It's the attribute: connectorId)

Can you please advise what you are trying to find out by matching the Connector ID?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: