cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WSA ASyncOS version and HARDWARE support ?

mbilgrav
Level 3
Level 3

Im planning a upgrade process, on both hardware and software side.
For the Hardware S190, I can upgrade to 15.0.0-335, beyond this, I dont see any more upgrade available in the UI
For the Hardware S195, I can upgrade to 15.0.0-335, beyond this, I see more upgrade available in the UI, like 15.1 & 15.2
and The S196 is born with 15.2

So my question is around S190, and if this can run 15.2 ?
I can not seem to find any related doc's for the hardware support other than 15.2 RN states its supports all platforms.
Perhaps I will need a support ticket and get my s190 S/N approved for 15.2 ?

2 Replies 2

amojarra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @mbilgrav 

hope you are doing fine

AsyncOS version 15.0 will be the last version supported on Sx90/F models.

Release Notes for AsyncOS 15.1 for Cisco Secure Web Appliance - Cisco

Release Notes for AsyncOS 15.2 for Cisco Secure Web Appliance - Cisco

on the other hand, kindly review End of Support X90 series:

End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco Email, Web and Security Management x90 Hardware Appliances - Cisco

Regards,

Amirhossein Mojarrad

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

++++     If you find this answer helpful, please rate it as such    ++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks for the clarifications, amojarra
Its not very clear in 15.2 release notes, when it states: "The build is available for upgrade on all the existing supported platforms,"
And looking at support, there are still hw support support on s190 untill sep 2025.

As I mentioned, I am planning a upgrade and hardware replacement of s190 to s196.
So as I understand this, I am left with S190 running 15.0.0. and my replacement S196 runs 15.2.0
Thereby I have no real idea how 15.2 perform and reacts in my deployment, until I actually replace it.
And since there are a few challenges with refresh of SMA M690 appliance, that no longer are replaceable, other than using a SMAv, I need to juggle two set of SMA's as the same time.

Im lucky enough to have several S195 as well in my install base, so I will just need "live Test" these on 15.2.0 in order to get to know how the perform,
But its doable, its just alot of extra work and maintenance meanwhile

again thanks for you reply - I really appreciate your time and effort into my issue.