Views
Helpful
Replies

add user diferent domain

jmecklenburg
Level 2
Level 2

Hi 

What happen if to my organizacion add user from other domains, can I do this? What happen with this account?

Regards

fixie rider
5 Replies 5

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi,

This depends on if the other domain is a free account or part of an org already. If you are planning on using another domain, its recommended to claim / verify the additional domain as well. That way you can claim the accounts with the domains and pull them into your org.

The challenge will be if you have SSO enabled, you have to ensure they are setup properly to authenticate.

Thanks for your answer. For example.

1. - Company A have a sub-company B with different domain, and the company A want add user from company B into your Organization, without claim the company domain. Can I do that?

2.- Company A have a externals users work with him, and want add this user into the organization user "@gmail.com or @hotmail.com" Can I do that?

Regards.

fixie rider

For Scenario 1, are the two domains under the same AD forest - or two completely different domains? This is fine as long as you are no using SSO. The non verified domains will just be required to have each user verify their email address.

For scenario 2, not likely. You can have them create free, or individual paid accounts with a gmail address and will be able to communicate freely, but you wont have any management control over them.

@Mike_Brezicky

I have a customer with the same case as Scenario 1, with a Webex subscriptions where all users are from @company1.com and wants to add a few from @company2.com without claiming the domain (they do not own it).

When they try to add an account like "userx@company2.com" they get an error from Webex saying that the account does not match any claimed or verified domains". But you say this is doable? How so?

Hi there

Try with just verify. Not claiming.

https://help.webex.com/en-us/nxz79m5/Add-Verify-and-Claim-Domains

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!
***Please rate helpful posts***