Views
Helpful
Replies

Behavior for registering ip phones

jsuarez_
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a strange behavior when configuring ip phones in WCH, after configuring them, assigning them to users and they connect to the network, they register without any problem but if I delete any phone, recreate it, and assign it to another user, it does not apply the changes immediately, it has to disconnect from the network and reconnect to take the new changes.

After having done this, the phones are in "status unavailable" status, if we wait a few minutes and enter a phone we see in the device management column inside WCH that the phone says "Registered" even though it is in "status unavailable". ĀæIs it necessary to disconnect and connect the phones each time a modification is made? In CUCM at the time of making any change, the same was reflected immediately for example but I do not know if it is a normal behavior of Webex.

4 Replies 4

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @jsuarez_,

Are you using Meraki Security device or router?

I have seen this behavior when the customer is using Meraki security device or router and it is known issue. Please take a look at below URL:

https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/WBX000023772/Unable-to-Register-a-Webex-Room-Device-or-Webex-Call-IP-Phone-to-Webex

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Hi Vaijanath,

No, we are not using any Meraki device that communicates with the UC network. Also, I read what you passed but it is not related.

We delete a registered phone, we create it again and associate it to another one and it does not apply the changes, it remains inhibited. Even so, we disconnect and reconnect it and it is still in the inhibited state. Strange behavior.

Regarding the phones, I have found that I need to perform a factory reset to prevent this issue. I currently use the 7821 & 8851's.

...So much for remote administration if you need to touch the device every time. I would love the option thru WCH to trigger a factory reset when you delete a phone so the device is all ready for redeployment (MAC or user-code)

WCH_OptionWish--Delete&FactoryReset.png

IIRC, the factory reset is only required when being moved to another organization - at least it was when I was able to try some time ago..

Otherwise, it took some time until they found their updated configuration and worked again..

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.